Monday, August 12, 2013

Neon

Happy Monday!  I hope your weekend was amazing!  My husband and I spent most of the weekend at home, which was so nice. I also started a project with my dresser in our bedroom.  My intentions were to easily strip the paint, buy my 1 gallon of pain for $30-$40, paint the dresser and be done in a few hours.  That is not how it went at all.  In fact, after working on the drawers for most of the day on Saturday and several trips to Lowes and Michaels, I obly have the drawers stripped of paint and all but one primed. This has turned into a much bigger project than anticipated.  Apparently, I also have expensive taste because the paint I want is $75.  I refuse to spend that much in paint and have decided on an alternative.   I plan on doing a post about the whole project, so look for that in the near future.  
This is what I wore to work one day last week. I know that i don't have many days of summer left so I am trying to take advantage of the neon clothes as much as possible before summer is over.  I do think this blouse can transition into fall though.  What articles of clothing are you trying to wear before the summer is over??
You might have seen this blouse here. 
  

11 comments:

  1. That blouse is such a pretty color - love it with the black! Can't wait to see the new dresser...love DIYs :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! It should be interesting (the dresser...I'm still not done with it)! I chose not to bother with it much on Sunday because we had plans with my husband's family. Hopefully it will be complete within the next few days. I will have some outfit posts until then!

      XOXO Jess

      Delete
  2. Love the color of your top and that gorgeous necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara! I think I have worn that necklace with almost every outfit lately!

      XOXO Jess

      Delete
  3. Adorale outfit & the color of the shirt looks great!

    Alina, http://StyleByAlina.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the long tassel necklace! So cute


    Jacqueline
    www.purelypeanut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqueline!! I have been wearing it so much lately!

      XOXO Jess

      Delete
  5. Thanks Marta! Following each other is a great idea!

    XOXO Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous outfit! Love the color of the top :) And cute pants!

    Abby
    Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abby! I have had those pants forever...still get use out of them!

      XOXO Jess

      Delete